Re: MTI Codec

On 9/13/13 12:02, Matthew Kaufman (SKYPE) wrote:
> It feels to me like mandating a codec (as it is part of the browser,
> not a choice of on-the-wire format, already selected to be DTLS-SRTP...

Over UDP. Over IP. It's a whole stack. You're just eyeballing the
on-the-wire media packets and declaring that "this arbitrary line
here"[1] is where one purview ends and the other begins.

I would think that the fallacy of effectively pointing to an on-the-wire
IP packet and say "this part is not on the wire" would be evident on its
face. I'm curious whether you're going to propose we bisect the RTCP
packets in the same way, declaring supported RTCP feedback types a W3C
issue.

/a

____

[1] By which I mean:

+----------------+----------------+----------------+----------------+
| Version | IHL  | ToS            |          Total Length           |
+----------------+----------------+----------------+----------------+
| Identification                  | Flags |     Fragment Offset     |
+----------------+----------------+----------------+----------------+
|    TTL         |   Protocol     |         Header Checksum         |
+----------------+----------------+----------------+----------------+
|                         Source Address                            |
+----------------+----------------+----------------+----------------+
|                       Destination Address                         |
+================+================+================+================+
| Source Port                     | Destination Port                |
+----------------+----------------+----------------+----------------+
| Length                          | Checksum                        |
+================+================+================+================+
|V=2|P|X|   CC   | M |   PT       | Sequence Number                 |
+----------------+----------------+----------------+----------------+
|                            RTP Timestamp                          |
+----------------+----------------+----------------+----------------+
| SSRC                                |
|                        CSRC (zero or more)                        |
|                       RTP Extension (optional)                    |  Here
| Payload                              |