Re: Proposal: Different specifications for different target audiences

From: Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 19:27:02 -0400
To: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Cc: tim panton <thp@westhawk.co.uk>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 7:20 PM, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:

>     I think we both agree that we need a low-level API needs to be driven
> by the capabilities exposed by the signaling layer (not high-level
> use-cases). I think we both agree that we need a high-level API needs to be
> driven by typical Web Developer use-cases. So what are we disagreeing on
> here?

We do not know what those use cases are. At least not yet. So, let's give
developers access to everything and they will develop easy to use libraries
for the use cases they need.

P.S. We should really stop talking about signaling. I am pretty sure there
is a strong consensus that there is no need for direct browser-to-browser
signaling in webrtc. We have protocols for real time media and data, and
API. The signaling is implemented in JavaScript.
Roman Shpount