Re: Proposal: Different specifications for different target audiences

On 21/07/2013 7:27 PM, Roman Shpount wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 7:20 PM, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org
> <mailto:cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>> wrote:
>

>         I think we both agree that we need a low-level API needs to be
>     driven by the capabilities exposed by the signaling layer (not
>     high-level use-cases). I think we both agree that we need a
>     high-level API needs to be driven by typical Web Developer
>     use-cases. So what are we disagreeing on here?
>

> We do not know what those use cases are. At least not yet. So, let's
> give developers access to everything and they will develop easy to use
> libraries for the use cases they need.

     So you're advocating that we only standardize a low-level API and
leave it up to the community to publish competing high-level APIs?
That's a valid option. I'd support this approach if you get community
consensus that we're not going to standardize the high-level API.

> P.S. We should really stop talking about signaling. I am pretty sure
> there is a strong consensus that there is no need for direct
> browser-to-browser signaling in webrtc. We have protocols for real
> time media and data, and API. The signaling is implemented in JavaScript.

     Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain this
another way?

Thanks,
Gili