Re: VS: Teleco Integrators vs Web Developers vs Browser Implementers

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM, piranna@gmail.com <piranna@gmail.com> wrote:

> Me myself, seems I would only need to know the public IP and port that the
> STUN server says I has and the labels of the DataChannels I'm creating, no
> more...

This is in fact not correct. Minimally you also need:

0. A full list of ICE candidates:
  - Not just the STUN addresses, since you might have two machines  on the
same network.
  - The priorities for the ICE candidates
1. The ICE credentials (ufrag and password)
2. The DTLS fingerprints

Regardless of the exact design of the protocol (SDP or whatever), it seems
like it's
pretty desirable if implementors need to know these facts in order to do
anything
useful.

-Ekr