Re: VS: Teleco Integrators vs Web Developers vs Browser Implementers

From: <piranna@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 23:10:07 +0200
To: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
Cc: Martin Steinmann <martin@ezuce.com>, Robin Raymond <robin@hookflash.com>, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>, "public-webrtc_w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>, Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>, Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>, Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>, Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>, Parthasarathi R <partha@parthasarathi.co.in>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
I admit I'm not a networks guy, but:

> 0. A full list of ICE candidates:

Also for DataChannels? I don't need to negotiate anything, is just a
request about reliable or not...

>   - Not just the STUN addresses, since you might have two machines  on the
> same network.

Ok, this is good. Also having the full routers-chain would allow to
connect them directly without going out to Internet, just connect
directly over the local LAN... :-)

>   - The priorities for the ICE candidates
> 1. The ICE credentials (ufrag and password)
> 2. The DTLS fingerprints

Really is needed all this thing just for DataChannels? Could it be
hidden someway?

> Regardless of the exact design of the protocol (SDP or whatever), it seems
> like it's
> pretty desirable if implementors need to know these facts in order to do
> anything
> useful.

I'm talking about a high level developer point of view, I'm only
interested on be able to make the connection and transfer data, no
more, and I believe that for doing this a simpler API would be capable
of doing it...

Unix."
– Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux