Re: VS: Teleco Integrators vs Web Developers vs Browser Implementers

This is actually one of the most common misconceptions about WebRTC
I've seen: that it is a sort-of replacement for SIP.  It is nothing
more than an API for providing access to functions that enable real
time applications.  This includes, but is not exclusive to, telephony
applications.  It also includes games.

On 5 July 2013 09:59, Martin Steinmann <martin@ezuce.com> wrote:
> If so this is really sad as it will make WebRTC pretty useless for all enterprise applications
> where interop with anything but itself is desired.

For that, we have SIP.  So yes, that makes me sad too.

> We have enough proprietary communications applications in the consumer space already
> and don't need yet another one.

As disappointing as it may seem, getting an API is a necessary first
step toward what it is that (I think) you want.  First, you need to
have the proprietary stuff.