Re: VS: Teleco Integrators vs Web Developers vs Browser Implementers

From: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 14:48:53 -0400
To: Martin Steinmann <martin@ezuce.com>
CC: 'Martin Thomson' <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, 'Parthasarathi R' <partha@parthasarathi.co.in>, 'Christer Holmberg' <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>, 'Iñaki Baz Castillo' <ibc@aliax.net>, 'Robin Raymond' <robin@hookflash.com>, 'Roman Shpount' <roman@telurix.com>, 'Adam Bergkvist' <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>, 'Ted Hardie' <ted.ietf@gmail.com>, "'piranna_gmail.com'" <piranna@gmail.com>, "'public-webrtc_w3.org'" <public-webrtc@w3.org>, 'Eric Rescorla' <ekr@rtfm.com>
On 05/07/2013 12:59 PM, Martin Steinmann wrote:
> I am also sad to see that this group seems to have deteriorated into a debate club after the WebRTC conference in Atlanta, after very promising progress had been made until then.  Please get back on track.
> --martin

     I agree, and (sorry to say) I think that the specification editors
have to bare the brunt of the blame.

     We put out some good discussion points and haven't received a
single reply from them over the past 2 weeks. Why? They could have used
the momentum to drive a constructive discussion.

     Debating is useless unless it results in actionable items. We're
going to be hard-pressed to produce anything actionable without the spec
leads engaging the community.

Gili