Re: Some comments//Re: New version of editor draft for webrtc

On 09/24/2012 03:49 AM, Wangyahui wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I am new to WebRTC, and begin with initial study of WebRTC 1.0
> specificationhttp://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html.
>
> There are some problems I encountered while reading this spec. I would
> appreciate it if you could reply.
>
> 1£®¡°discard¡± means that codecs can abandon some channels? Or maybe it
> should be ¡°decode¡± by mistake?
>
> */Location/*: ¡°4.1 Introduction¡±, the third paragraph and last
> sentence. ¡°/All of the channels that a codec needs to encode jointly
> MUST be in the same MediaStreamTrack and the codecs SHOULD be able to
> encode, /*/or discard/*/, all the channels in the track./¡±

Sometimes it is permissible to lose information (can't think of a good
example; possibly when you're sending audio + video to an audio-only
participant?) - I read this as saying it is not permissible to crash
because of non-handlable track types. in the stream.

> 2£®I saw (1) and (3) in this specification, but I didn¡¯t find any link
> or reference. Besides, there is no (2), but many (3)
> following¡±RTCPeerConnectionreadiness state
> <http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html> is closed¡±.

This is a leftover. All states should now be enums, so "closed(3)" needs
to be changed to just "closed".
Thanks for pointing it out!

> */Location1/*: ¡°4.2.2 MediaStreamTrack¡±, the third paragraph. ¡°/A
> track in a MediaStream , received with a RTCPeerConnection , MUST have
> its readyState attribute [GETUSERMEDIA] set to muted //(1)//until
> media data arrives./¡±
>
> */Location2/*: ¡°5. Peer-to-peer connections¡± under¡±NOTE¡± step 4. ¡°/If
> the connection¡¯s RTCPeerConnection readiness state is closed //(3)//,
> abort these steps/¡±
>
> 3. Step 12 of ¡°Simple Call Flow¡± isaddStream(data), but as I know the
> parameterof addStream(MediaStream/stream/)is for audio/video not data.

I think this should be "createDataStream()" instead. This API hasn't
been stable for all that long.

> By the way, is it possible to add some descriptions for steps of the
> flow charts?
>
> */Location/*: ¡°9. Call Flow Browser to Browser¡±, ¡°10. Call Flow
> Browser to MCU¡±
>
> In addition, some revisions for editorial errors are attached for your
> information. Thank you for checking it.

And thank you very much for your review!