From: Jim Barnett [mailto:Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 7:05 AM
To: Justin Uberti; Cullen Jennings (fluffy)
Cc: public-webrtc@w3.org
Subject: RE: Phone call about ICE states

Justin,
A question about the PeerConnection callbacks on the offering side.  The offering side would initially call SetLocal and move to state ‘sent-offer’.    At some point it gets a response, calls SetRemote and moves to ‘active’  (for simplicity I’m leaving out pranswer.)  The SetRemote should cause ‘onaddstream’ to fire, and since both sides have accepted the description,  addTrack should follow.  A) is that correct?  B) if there are multiple streams, does ‘onaddstream’ fire for all of them before any ‘addTrack’, or can the two be interleaved?

Conversely, on the receiving side,  ‘onnaddstream’ would fire when the offer was received and SetRemote was called.  Would ‘addTrack’ then fire when the receiving side accepted the offer by calling SetLocal?

Thanks,
Jim