Re: Promoting Web/W3C Anniversary Symposium?

At a minimum, we could certainly replace the existing W3C logo in the
stewards section (footer of every page) with the special 20th anniversary
logo for a few months or a year, whatever they prefer.

However, I suspect the W3 Communications team was hoping for greater
prominence than a footer link.

If the community is okay with a prominent logo, my vote for *where* to put
it is in the top nav bar, floated right.  I've attached screenshots of that
in widescreen and mobile view, and also the footer option with the coloured
logo adding a bit of prominence compared to the gray logos for all the
others.

The extra markup and styles I added for the header link are:

<li style="
    float: right;
"><a href="http://www.w3.org/20/" title="W3C 20th Anniversary Site" style="
    background: url(http://www.w3.org/Icons/w3c20/w3c20-logo.svg) no-repeat
center;
    background: url(http://www.w3.org/Icons/w3c20/w3c20-logo.svg) no-repeat
center,
                       radial-gradient(closest-side, rgba(230,230,230,0.7)
50%, transparent);
    width: 4.5em;
    height: 1.5em;
    display: block;

That code is inserted as the first element of ul.links in div.container in
nav#sitenav in the mockups.  It would of course be preferable to have it
*last* in the list of nav options, but that would require additional CSS
finessing to get the mobile layout to look nice.

Amelia BR