DOM API docs move script

From: Scott Rowe <scottrowe@google.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 18:06:11 -0700
To: "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>, David Kirstein <frozenice@frozenice.de>
We need someone to build and execute a script that will move the DOM API
pages into their proper organization.

Lemme splain [1]:

The good news is that most of the 1,129 pages in the dom namespace already
have an attribute that describes their preferred location, and this could
be used in a script to move them to that location. The attribute is
the *Applies
to* field, which is a parameter of the API_Object_Method, and
API_Object_Property templates. The value is consistently the object to
which the method or property belongs. We want methods and properties under
their objects (i.e. dom/Element/error).

The bad news is that we also need to update the pages that link to these
pages with the new location in the link since we want to avoid creating a
huge pile of redirects. So the script/bot would need to update those pages
that link to dom pages.

We need some sort of bot/script that performs these tasks. I've scoped and
outlined the work involved in WPD:Projects/DOM_API_docs [2]. The pseudocode
for the script is there, too.

*frozenice*: would you be available to whip up a script to accomplish this?

~Scott

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yokQ0_8__ts
[2]
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Projects/DOM_API_docs#Reorganization_procedure