From: Sarah Forst <sarah.plowright@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:19 AM
To: public-webplatform@w3.org
Subject: External Sources of Copy

Hi -

Apologies for all of the questions, but I had some concerns about content reuse on the page I'm editing: http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/clear which I signed up for last web platform wednesday but discovered someone else had already filled out the content.

A large portion of the content from: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/clear, and I think some of the other content is from Microsoft.

It's my understanding that since web platform is associated with the w3c, reusing content from there is okay, but it seems somewhat dubious to me to take content word for word from mozilla and microsoft. There is an attribution at the bottom:

"This article contains content originally from external sources.

Portions of this content come from the Mozilla Developer Network [cc-by-sa-small-wpd.svg] <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/> : Article<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/CSS/clear>

Portions of this content come from the Microsoft Developer Network: Windows Internet Explorer API reference Article<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/hh828809%28v=vs.85%29.aspx>"

But to me, attributions like that should only be used for quoted sections, not the majority of a documents copy. What is the policy on this for web platform?

Thanks,
Sarah