Re: Yahoo Style Guide No Longer Available

On 8/25/13 1:09 PM, Renoir Boulanger wrote:
> Regarding styleguide
>
> I have in my watch list the following.
>
> Do we want to go toward such project in the long term?
>
> - http://isobar-idev.github.io/code-standards/

That is a good example of coding conventions; we should probably have
some minimal conventions for code examples on WPD, and they should
reflect industry best practices. However, the Yahoo! Style Guide is
about conventions for writing text.

This is an indication that we should avoid the term "style guide",
because it means different things to programmers and to writers. I think
we should use the terms "coding conventions" and "writing conventions"
(and avoid "coding standards", because "standards" is also overloaded).

--
Janet Swisher <mailto:jREMOVEswisher@mozilla.com>
Mozilla Developer Network <https://developer.mozilla.org>