W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webplatform@w3.org > April 2013

Re: Community Development Task Force Meeting Notes

From: Julee <julee@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 21:48:50 -0700
To: "pdsouza@about.com" <pdsouza@about.com>, Scott Rowe <scottrowe@google.com>
CC: "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CD937790.70409%julee@adobe.com>
OK, Patrick, we'll be looking for your help! :-)

J

----------------------------
julee@adobe.com
@adobejulee

From:  Patrick D'Souza <pdsouza@about.com>
Reply-To:  "pdsouza@about.com" <pdsouza@about.com>
Date:  Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:53 AM
To:  Scott Rowe <scottrowe@google.com>
Cc:  "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Subject:  Re: Community Development Task Force Meeting Notes

    
 Doc sprints in New York. Yay !!! :):)
 
 
On 04/16/2013 02:50 PM, Scott Rowe wrote:
 
 
>  
> Thanks to all who attended!
> 
>  
>  
> At today's meeting of the Community Development task force, we had the
> following. You can find all of the information below at the following page:
> http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Meetings/Community_Development
>  
> 
>  
>  
> Agenda
>  
>  
> * Establish an irregular meeting time.
> *  
> * Develop a plan for university outreach and communication.
> *  
> * Decide when/where to hold up-coming doc sprints.
> *  
>  
>  
> 
>  
>  
> Actions
>  
> 
>  
>  
> Meeting time
>  
>  
> * Resolved: the meeting's appointed time shall remain Tuesdays via Zakim at
> 10:00 Pacific Time, to be held only if there is an agenda.
> *  
> * Doug (shepazu): confirm the Zakim reservation and reestablish the conference
> code, 3627 for these meetings.
> *  
>  
>  
> University outreach
>  
>  
> * Julee to contact Alex (jkomoros) about potential internship funding and
> availability. 
> * Julee to create internal spreadsheet listing contacts, their address and
> particulars. 
> * All to fill in the spreadsheet with contacts - having done the legwork to
> sign them up. 
> * Doug (shepazu) to contact W3C member universities.
> *  
> * Julee to edit student recruitment message [1] with more detail about
> internships and specific tasks/projects for recruits.
>  
>  
> Doc Sprints
>  
>  
> * Resolved: Holding a doc sprint at OpenHelp would be contingent upon Mozilla
> also holding a doc sprint. Not likely.
> * Tabled: Doc sprint at OSCon, July in Portland, OR.
> * Tabled: Doc sprint to coincide with Internet Week New York [2].
> * Tabled: Doc sprint in North Carolina.
> * Tabled: Doc sprint in New York or Boston area late summer.
> * Scott: To work with Peter to identify conferences to target for New
> York/Boston late summer.
> * Tabled: Doc sprint in Amsterdam, with Frontiers conference in October.
>  
>  
> Next meeting
>  
> 
>  
>  
> We'll hold another meeting next week to discuss progress on actions and tabled
> items.
>  
> 
>  
>  
> 
>  
>  
> Minutes
>  
> 
>  
>  
>  
> 10:10 AM ― julee present
>  
> 10:12 AM <scottrowe_> present
>  
> 10:12 AM ― jswisher is present
>  
> 10:12 AM <shepazu> present
>  
> 10:12 AM <waiseto> present
>  
>  10:12 AM → Ryan_Lane joined (~Ryan_Lane@wikimedia/Ryan-lane)
>  
> 10:13 AM <scottrowe_> first decision: we'll keep this time and bridge
>  
> 10:13 AM <scottrowe_> Doug will make sure that the old conference number, 3627
> is valid
>  
> 10:15 AM <scottrowe_>
> http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Projects/Communications/Universities
>  
> 10:17 AM <scottrowe_> University outreach: Julee edited the above
>  
> 10:18 AM <scottrowe_> jkomoros mentioned that there may be internship money
> available.
>  
> 10:23 AM <scottrowe_> AI: Julee to confirm with Doug, Alex that we have a
> program in place before we advertise it in public-webplatform-news.
>  
> 10:23 AM <scottrowe_> It may be a Google Summer of Code or like program.
>  
> 10:24 AM → jay_ joined (57bd77b9@gateway/web/freenode/ip.87.189.119.185)
>  
> 10:25 AM <scottrowe_> jswisher: Summer of Code excludes documentation work
>  
> 10:32 AM <scottrowe_> AI: Wei to send note to Web Education group of W3C,
> requesting subscriptions to public-webplatform-news, with the body of Julee's
> Universities note.
>  
> 10:43 AM <scottrowe_> AI: Julee to create an internal (not shared publicly)
> spreadsheet of addresses.
>  
> 10:46 AM <scottrowe_> AI: All to contribute recruits to the spreadsheet.
>  
> 10:46 AM <julee> W3C university members
>  
> 10:46 AM <scottrowe_> AI: shepazu to contact Universities that are members of
> W3C
>  
> 10:46 AM <waiseto> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Member/List :)
>  
> 10:47 AM <scottrowe_> jswisher: English writing programs, technical
> communication, engineering.
>  
> 10:50 AM <scottrowe_> next topic, doc sprints
>  
> 10:50 AM <scottrowe_> shepazu: would like to know who can help with an east
> coast doc sprint
>  
> 10:51 AM <scottrowe_> julee: question on the suitability of OpenHelp
>  
> 10:52 AM <scottrowe_> jswisher: OpenHelp does not attract a lot of web
> developers
>  
> 10:52 AM <scottrowe_> shepazu: we would need to reruit our own attendees
>  
> 10:56 AM <scottrowe_> shepazu: attending with Mozilla would build ties between
> us and Moz
>  
> 10:56 AM <scottrowe_> shepazu: might be an opportunity to build content on
> both sites
>  
> 10:58 AM <julee> https://www.internetweekny.com/
>  
> 11:01 AM <julee> 
> http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Community_Events
>  
> 11:01 AM <scottrowe_> resolved: Doc Sprint at OpenHelp contingent upon
> Mozilla's participation.
>  
> 11:02 AM <scottrowe_> Meeting adjourned
>  
> 
>  
>  
> [1] http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Projects/Communications/Universities
>  
> [2] https://www.internetweekny.com/
>  
>  
>  
>  
>  
 
 
-- 
 Patrick D'Souza Developer, Metrics About.com | Do more 1500 Broadway, 6th
Floor New York, NY, 10036 AIM: padsouza
 
Received on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 04:49:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:13:46 UTC