W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webplatform@w3.org > April 2013

Re: Community Development Task Force Meeting Notes

From: Patrick D'Souza <pdsouza@about.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:53:33 -0400
Message-ID: <516D9E2D.8030300@about.com>
To: Scott Rowe <scottrowe@google.com>
CC: "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Doc sprints in New York. Yay !!! :):)

On 04/16/2013 02:50 PM, Scott Rowe wrote:
> Thanks to all who attended!
>
> At today's meeting of the Community Development task force, we had the 
> following. You can find all of the information below at the following 
> page:
> http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Meetings/Community_Development
>
> *Agenda*
>
>   * Establish an irregular meeting time.
>   * Develop a plan for university outreach and communication.
>   * Decide when/where to hold up-coming doc sprints.
>
>
> *Actions*
>
> Meeting time
>
>   * Resolved: the meeting's appointed time shall remain Tuesdays via
>     Zakim at 10:00 Pacific Time, to be held only if there is an agenda.
>   * Doug (shepazu): confirm the Zakim reservation and reestablish the
>     conference code, 3627 for these meetings.
>
> University outreach
>
>   * Julee to contact Alex (jkomoros) about potential internship
>     funding and availability.
>   * Julee to create internal spreadsheet listing contacts, their
>     address and particulars.
>   * All to fill in the spreadsheet with contacts - having done the
>     legwork to sign them up.
>   * Doug (shepazu) to contact W3C member universities.
>   * Julee to edit student recruitment message [1] with more detail
>     about internships and specific tasks/projects for recruits.
>
> Doc Sprints
>
>   * Resolved: Holding a doc sprint at OpenHelp would be contingent
>     upon Mozilla also holding a doc sprint. Not likely.
>   * Tabled: Doc sprint at OSCon, July in Portland, OR.
>   * Tabled: Doc sprint to coincide with Internet Week New York [2].
>   * Tabled: Doc sprint in North Carolina.
>   * Tabled: Doc sprint in New York or Boston area late summer.
>   * Scott: To work with Peter to identify conferences to target for
>     New York/Boston late summer.
>   * Tabled: Doc sprint in Amsterdam, with Frontiers conference in October.
>
> Next meeting
>
> We'll hold another meeting next week to discuss progress on actions 
> and tabled items.
>
>
> *Minutes*
>
> 10:10 AM — julee present
> 10:12 AM <scottrowe_> present
> 10:12 AM — jswisher is present
> 10:12 AM <shepazu> present
> 10:12 AM <waiseto> present
> 10:12 AM → Ryan_Lane joined (~Ryan_Lane@wikimedia/Ryan-lane)
> 10:13 AM <scottrowe_> first decision: we'll keep this time and bridge
> 10:13 AM <scottrowe_> Doug will make sure that the old conference 
> number, 3627 is valid
> 10:15 AM <scottrowe_> 
> http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Projects/Communications/Universities
> 10:17 AM <scottrowe_> University outreach: Julee edited the above
> 10:18 AM <scottrowe_> jkomoros mentioned that there may be internship 
> money available.
> 10:23 AM <scottrowe_> AI: Julee to confirm with Doug, Alex that we 
> have a program in place before we advertise it in public-webplatform-news.
> 10:23 AM <scottrowe_> It may be a Google Summer of Code or like program.
> 10:24 AM → jay_ joined (57bd77b9@gateway/web/freenode/ip.87.189.119.185)
> 10:25 AM <scottrowe_> jswisher: Summer of Code excludes documentation work
> 10:32 AM <scottrowe_> AI: Wei to send note to Web Education group of 
> W3C, requesting subscriptions to public-webplatform-news, with the 
> body of Julee's Universities note.
> 10:43 AM <scottrowe_> AI: Julee to create an internal (not shared 
> publicly) spreadsheet of addresses.
> 10:46 AM <scottrowe_> AI: All to contribute recruits to the spreadsheet.
> 10:46 AM <julee> W3C university members
> 10:46 AM <scottrowe_> AI: shepazu to contact Universities that are 
> members of W3C
> 10:46 AM <waiseto> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Member/List :)
> 10:47 AM <scottrowe_> jswisher: English writing programs, technical 
> communication, engineering.
> 10:50 AM <scottrowe_> next topic, doc sprints
> 10:50 AM <scottrowe_> shepazu: would like to know who can help with an 
> east coast doc sprint
> 10:51 AM <scottrowe_> julee: question on the suitability of OpenHelp
> 10:52 AM <scottrowe_> jswisher: OpenHelp does not attract a lot of web 
> developers
> 10:52 AM <scottrowe_> shepazu: we would need to reruit our own attendees
> 10:56 AM <scottrowe_> shepazu: attending with Mozilla would build ties 
> between us and Moz
> 10:56 AM <scottrowe_> shepazu: might be an opportunity to build 
> content on both sites
> 10:58 AM <julee> https://www.internetweekny.com/
> 11:01 AM <julee> 
> http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Community_Events
> 11:01 AM <scottrowe_> resolved: Doc Sprint at OpenHelp contingent upon 
> Mozilla's participation.
> 11:02 AM <scottrowe_> Meeting adjourned
>
> [1] 
> http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Projects/Communications/Universities
> [2] https://www.internetweekny.com/

-- 
Patrick D'Souza Developer, Metrics About.com | Do more 1500 Broadway, 
6th Floor New York, NY, 10036 AIM: padsouza
Received on Tuesday, 16 April 2013 18:54:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:13:45 UTC