RE: Patch Subset Server Conformance Tests Finished

This is excellent news, let’s plan for a demo run during our WG call.

Thank you,

Vlad

From: Garret Rieger [mailto:grieger@google.com]
Sent: Monday, May 2, 2022 7:13 PM
To: w3c-webfonts-wg (public-webfonts-wg@w3.org) <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Patch Subset Server Conformance Tests Finished

Some exciting news, last week I finished implementing the conformance tests for all server side conformance statements in the spec related to the patch subset protocol. The tests can be found here: https://github.com/w3c/ift-server-tests

Additionally, as I've developed the tests I've been updating/fixing the patch subset server implementation so that it passes all of the tests. So you can currently run the full test suite against the demo incremental transfer server we have running at https://fonts.gstatic.com/experimental/patch_subset/demo.html and all the tests pass.

In other words, we now have a full server conformance test suite and a fully compliant server implementation!

Example command to run the tests:

python3 test_server.py "fonts.gstatic.com <http://fonts.gstatic.com> " "/experimental/patch_subset/ofl/montserrat/Montserrat[wght].ttf" "<path to local copy of Montserrat[wght].ttf (from https://github.com/google/fonts)>"

Next steps will be to develop Range Request conformance tests, which should be fairly simple. I believe these will mostly end up being tests for correctly handling of the http range request headers. Then lastly, the client conformance tests for both patch subset and range request.