Re: Finalizing the shape of CSP ‘unsafe-dynamic’

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 1:27 AM, Devdatta Akhawe <dev.akhawe@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2. Change the name, but otherwise leave the behavior as specified. Some
>>>>>>>

> I am a fan of #3 over #2. CSP is already pretty confusing and I value
> anything that tries to make it simpler.

What part of #3 are you a fan of? :)

> I can also see some value of whitelisting one particular JS file via uri
> or hash and then allow-dynamic. 'drop-uri-src' and 'allow-dynamic' seem
> good keywords to start with.

Are there use-cases for these separately? I'm all for adding things to the
platform if they're useful, but I'm not convinced from this thread that
these keywords add anything other than complexity. That is, Brad can
accomplish the things he's interested in with two policies, which I think
actually turns out to be a more powerful primitive than splitting the
keywords.

Concretely, would Dropbox use one (or both?) of these keywords if we
implemented them?

Based on the experience Artur is sharing, the current behavior seems to
meet most needs. I agree that it's complicated, but I think that's a
fundamental critique of the whole project at this point. :)

-mike