Re: Finalizing the shape of CSP ‘unsafe-dynamic’

From: Devdatta Akhawe <dev.akhawe@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 07:45:33 -0700
To: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Cc: Artur Janc <aaj@google.com>, Brad Hill <hillbrad@gmail.com>, WebAppSec WG <public-webappsec@w3.org>, Christoph Kerschbaumer <ckerschbaumer@mozilla.com>, Daniel Bates <dabates@apple.com>, Devdatta Akhawe <dev@dropbox.com>

>> value anything that tries to make it simpler.

That the "allow-dynamic" doesn't implicitly drop the URI whitelist.

Are there use-cases for these separately? I'm all for adding things to the
> platform if they're useful, but I'm not convinced from this thread that
> these keywords add anything other than complexity. That is, Brad can
> accomplish the things he's interested in with two policies, which I think
> actually turns out to be a more powerful primitive than splitting the
> keywords.

hmm .. the use case I am interested in is script-src
https://www.dropbox.com/script/require.js 'allow-dynamic'

Right now, this would force me to use a nonce. The nonce then is a leakable
token present in the HTML of the page. Not a huge risk, but still.

> Concretely, would Dropbox use one (or both?) of these keywords if we
> implemented them?

Not really sure yet. But, I am inclined towards the script-src example
above.

--dev

Based on the experience Artur is sharing, the current behavior seems to