Standards wonks and developers working together [Was: Re: do not deprecate synchronous XMLHttpRequest]

On 2/10/15 3:51 PM, Marc Fawzi wrote:
> I wish there was an app like Hacker News where browser vendors via
> W3C, TAG, webapps etc engage users and developers in discussions and
> use up/down votes to tell what matters most to users and developers.

I like this idea. I think this is one of the reasons Robin (and others)
created Specifiction(/Discourse) <http://specifiction.org/>.
> But design by committee is really hard and sub-optimal, and you need a
> group of true and tried experts (open minded ones) to call the shots
> on various technical aspects.
Mostly agree ;-). I suspect the more useful specs are those created by
_all_ affected stakeholders.

-Thanks, AB