Re: WebKit interest in ServiceWorkers (was Re: [manifest] Utility of bookmarking to home screen, was V1 ready for wider review)

On 2/17/14 9:17 AM, ext Jungkee Song wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 9:38 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com
> <mailto:art.barstow@nokia.com>> wrote:
>
>     The only process requirement for a FPWD is that the group record
>     consensus to publish it. However, it's usually helpful if the FPWD
>     is feature complete from a breadth perspective but there is no
>     expectation the FPWD is complete from a depth perspective. As
>     such, if there are missing features, it would be good to mention
>     that in the ED and/or file related bugs.
>

> I believe things are mostly addressed in a breadth perspective albeit
> quite a few issues are still being discussed and sorted out. We are
> currently drafting the ED and thought the F2F is sort of a right time
> to have a consensus for FPWD but think it'll be nicer if we can make
> it even before that to get a wider review as soon as possible.

Given the broad interest in this spec, I think it would be helpful to
move toward FPWD "as soon as possible". Would you please give a "rough
guestimate" on when you think spec can ready for a CfC to publish a FPWD?

-Thanks, ArtB