Re: WebKit interest in ServiceWorkers (was Re: [manifest] Utility of bookmarking to home screen, was V1 ready for wider review)

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 9:38 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>wrote:

> On 2/17/14 6:47 AM, ext Jungkee Song wrote:
>
>> On Feb 17, 2014 8:02 PM, "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com <mailto:
>> mjs@apple.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I personally would like to see it become an official draft of the Working
>> Group if it isn't already
>>

> Yes, me too.
>

>  (the Publication Status page implies not, but perhaps I have missed
>> something).
>>

> (The data for the "AppCache/ServiceWorkers" row wasn't accurate, pending
> an update from the Editors. I just replaced that row with a single entry
> for Service Workers and included a link to the ED that Jungkee provided
> below.)

Thanks for the update.

>  If it is being actively implemented, it would be great to publish it as a
>> Working Draft also, so we can get the IPR disclosures out of the way.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Maciej
>> >

>> Great to hear that. The standard track document is being drafted here.
>> [1] It'll be nicer if WebKit folks have a chance to review the ongoing work
>> [2] and join the iteration at this time.
>>

> Jungkee, Alex - what needs to be done before Service Workers is ready for
> FPWD?
>
> The only process requirement for a FPWD is that the group record consensus
> to publish it. However, it's usually helpful if the FPWD is feature
> complete from a breadth perspective but there is no expectation the FPWD is
> complete from a depth perspective. As such, if there are missing features,
> it would be good to mention that in the ED and/or file related bugs.

I believe things are mostly addressed in a breadth perspective albeit quite
a few issues are still being discussed and sorted out. We are currently
drafting the ED and thought the F2F is sort of a right time to have a
consensus for FPWD but think it'll be nicer if we can make it even before
that to get a wider review as soon as possible.

--

Jungkee Song