RE: CfC: publish WD of XHR; deadline November 29

> From: annevankesteren@gmail.com [mailto:annevankesteren@gmail.com]
>
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> > As I have pointed out above, W3C specs do not track authorship or
> > individual contributions to the WG process. If Anne performed his work
> > as author in the context of participating in the W3C process, ...
>
> It seems you are missing the fact that I am neither a Member nor an Invited
> Expert of this WG since August this year.
>
> The W3C does have the legal right to publish my work, since I publish it under
> CC0, but the way the W3C goes about it is not appreciated.

Perhaps we should add the concept of a "concurrent work" section (and concurrent work editor)?

The main difference I see between the usage of previous editors in the W3C's past and the current situation, is that in the past, when an editor was replaced it was because the previous editor was no longer working on the spec. In the current situation, we now have editors leaving the W3C, but wishing to continue to edit their spec elsewhere. The W3C then replaces editors, but then we have parallel documents and parallel editors.