Re: [WebSQL] Any future plans, or has IndexedDB replaced WebSQL?

On 4/4/11 10:15 AM, Ryan Fugger wrote:
>> That's not the only reason.  Mozilla laid out others ten months ago:
>> https://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/06/beyond-html5-database-apis-and-the-road-to-indexeddb/
>
> Mozilla's plan appears to be to implement IndexedDB on top of SQLite,

This is not a plan so much as a current stopgap.

 > Why not just expose the thing and let developers worry about whether
 > what they're using is standard or not, and suffer the consequences
 > later, if in fact there are any?

Because due to the incentive structure here the entities making the bad
decisions are not the ones who end up having to suffer the consequences.
  It's a typical case of externalizing the negatives.

> It seems to me that the proper role for standards
> is to step in and help clear things up when they get messy

Often it's too late by then.

-Boris