Re: [widgets] Error in i18n tests for features

On 12/3/10 5:38 PM, Scott Wilson wrote:

> On 3 Dec 2010, at 16:28, Marcos Caceres wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Scott Wilson
>> <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> # i18nlro30 (download, files)
>>>
>>> Tests that LRO direction does not apply to the feature element's required
>>> attribute. To pass, the value of the required attribute must be treated as
>>> "false".
>>>
>>> The actual feature is:
>>>      <feature name="feature:x-bugus-feature" required="false" dir="rtl"/>
>>> So as the feature is unsupported by the UA, the feature is ignored and the
>>> value of the required attribute is irrelevant. (All other xxx30 tests have
>>> the same issue).
>>
>> Can you suggest an alternative way to test this?
>
> How about:
>
> <feature name="feature:a9bb79c1" required="false" dir="rtl"/>
>
> ?

That might be ok, but the problem is still that if false is treated as
"eslaf" it would still default to "true" (which is why I wrote the test
with the bogus feature):

"If a required attribute is used, then let required-feature be the
result of applying the rule for getting a single attribute value to the
required attribute. If the required attribute is not used or if
required-feature is not a valid boolean value, then let the value of
required-feature be the value 'true'."