Re: XHR responseArrayBuffer attribute: suggestion to replace "asBlob" with "responseType"

I'm not sure I completely understand the use case with the cross-site
scripts.  Are we talking about a situation where one library initiates the
XHR and another library's event listener receives the data, where it's not
aware if the data is actually text or a binary payload?  I can understand
the concerns about throwing an exception and how hard it might be to debug.
 But isn't this a problem case also if we don't throw an exception and the
data is interpreted as text when it's really binary or vice versa?  After
all, if you access responseText and the data is really binary, then it will
be converted to some bogus text string which could cause some pretty
insidious bugs.  Please forgive me if I misunderstand, which may very well
be the case :)

Chris