Re: [progress-events] Update

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 19:36:27 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

Thanks for taking this over Anne.

> On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 19:31:12 +0200, Olli Pettay
> <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi> wrote:
>> May I ask why you think the interface member names are terrible?
>
> I should probably have left out that comment. It is just that they are
> inconsistent — lengthComputable vs total — and seem to imply a specific
> kind of process — loaded. I would have preferred hasMax, value, and max
> / hasTotal/totalKnown, current, and total or some such. Anyway, changing
> this is not worth it.

Right. I am not overly fond of the names either. As I recall, they were
copied from SVG where people were actually using this already, to reduce
incompatibility.

I agree that changing them is probably not worth the effort (or the
bike-shedding of *exactly* what new names would be the best... I would
vote for Sarah, John, Stuart, and Mary, because they're nice names and if
you have a cartoon in mind of the different characters with their
different functions they are as memorable as anything else. Which is to
say, not actually all that much more intuitive in the grand scheme of
things).

cheers

Chaals