Re: [widgets] Applying Stylesheets to Resources

Doug Schepers wrote:
> Hi, Boris-
>
> Boris Zbarsky wrote (on 2/11/10 12:04 PM):
>> On 2/11/10 11:57 AM, Doug Schepers wrote:
>>> One odd part of the separation of content and presentation is that a
>>> stylesheet is applied to a file by including a link to the stylesheet in
>>> the target file. That is totally backward.
>>
>> Strictly speaking, this is just because most people don't have control
>> over their web servers (which is why the <link> element exists). Link
>> HTTP headers work fine for applying stylesheets.
>
> Ah, interesting... I didn't know that, thanks!  Is this [1] the most
> recent reference on that?
>
> Still, I think adding a way to do this in the Widgets manifest would be
> a nice authoring solution.
>
> [1] http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-00.txt

The most recent is
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-07>,
currently in IETF Last Call.

AFAIK, only FF and Opera support this (for stylesheets) right now, and
their implementations aren't really complete.

Best regards, Julian