Re: [widgets] Applying Stylesheets to Resources

Hi, Boris-

Boris Zbarsky wrote (on 2/11/10 12:04 PM):
> On 2/11/10 11:57 AM, Doug Schepers wrote:
>> One odd part of the separation of content and presentation is that a
>> stylesheet is applied to a file by including a link to the stylesheet in
>> the target file. That is totally backward.
>
> Strictly speaking, this is just because most people don't have control
> over their web servers (which is why the <link> element exists). Link
> HTTP headers work fine for applying stylesheets.

Ah, interesting... I didn't know that, thanks!  Is this [1] the most
recent reference on that?

Still, I think adding a way to do this in the Widgets manifest would be
a nice authoring solution.

[1] http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-00.txt

Regards-
-Doug Schepers