Re: [widgets] TWI: comments

Hi Robin,

Le 08/02/2010 13:26, Robin Berjon a écrit :
> On Feb 4, 2010, at 22:19 , Cyril Concolato wrote:
>> * "A user agent whose start file implements [HTML5]'s Window  interface MUST ..."
>> The start file does not implement anything. The user agent implements. I suggest to change it to something like:
>> "User agent implementing the [HTML5]'s Window interface MUST ..."
>
> You're mostly right, but I see where the original comes from. The UA may support Window but not expose it for all start files — e.g. it won't be there for a SWF start file. The resulting sentence is going to be clumsy no matter what :)
>
>> * The step 1 in the initialization of the preference attribute algorithm which says "Establish the instance of a widget for this widget and create a storage area that is unique for the origin." should probably say "unique for the origin and for that instance."
>
> I'm not sure what you mean? The preference storage should remain available across instantiations of the widget. This could probably be rephrased though.
I think that maybe there should be two separate words instead of 'instance' for the two notions:
a) "a widget package instantiated twice at the same time"
b) "a widget package instantiated twice at different times".
In a) you have 2 different storage areas. In b) you have only one.

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato
Groupe Mutimedia/Multimedia Group