Re: [xhr] events for async requests

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 13:26:46 +0100, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 4:12 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
>> On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 12:56:57 +0100, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
>> wrote:
>>> Where in the spec is this defined? I guess my answer is yes, it'd be
>>> nice if it was more explicit. :)
>>
>> You haven't even read the specification on this yet? :/
>>
>> See step 9 under the send() method:
>>
>>  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest-2/
>>
>> In particular the two sections flagged with "If the asynchronous flag is
>> true".
>
> I have read the spec, but I still don't see where it says that
> responseText and the state is updated from the same task.

responseText is just an attribute. The specification specifically says to
update the "response entity body". This makes more sense as well given
that we will introduce some kind of attribute returning a ByteArray in the
future.

> Is the idea that every bullet under "The same-origin request event
> rules are as follows" is always performed from the same task?

Yes.

> But even
> then the actual updating of the state is not listed in the same set of
> bullets.

That does not mean they are a separate task (if that were so it would be
said). It just means their definition lies somewhere else (to avoid
duplication).

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/