Re: [xhr] events for async requests

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 4:12 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 12:56:57 +0100, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:

>>> The same.
>>>
>>> I could make this more explicit if you want.
>>
>> Where in the spec is this defined? I guess my answer is yes, it'd be
>> nice if it was more explicit. :)
>
> You haven't even read the specification on this yet? :/
>
> See step 9 under the send() method:
>
>  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest-2/
>
> In particular the two sections flagged with "If the asynchronous flag is
> true".

I have read the spec, but I still don't see where it says that
responseText and the state is updated from the same task.

Is the idea that every bullet under "The same-origin request event
rules are as follows" is always performed from the same task? But even
then the actual updating of the state is not listed in the same set of
bullets.

/ Jonas