Re: Steps to creating a browser standard for the moz-icon:// scheme

On Feb 1, 2010, at 4:04 AM, Pierre-Antoine LaFayette wrote:

> Yes but in Windows XP they upscale anything over 48x48 I believe.

According to the internets, icons for Windows Vista or later are supposed to include bitmaps up to 256x256 (6 total sizes in the standard format) and will actually be used. Previous versions of Windows only used sizes up to 64x64. Icons for Mac OS X Leopard or later are supposed to include bitmaps up to 512x512 (also 6 total sizes). Previous versions only went up to 128x128. In all cases, the OS will interpolate other sizes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Icon_Image_format
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICO_(icon_image_file_format)

By contrast, iPhone OS app icons are 57x57.

Regards,
Maciej