Re: XHR LC comment: header encoding

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 13:49:55 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> Apart from the obvious worry of switching away from a behavior that the
> vast majority of UAs currently implement, with the ensuing potential for
> website breakage, sounds fine...

I know... Though Opera not having received bug reports so far on this
issue gives me some hope, since we have received lots of other bug reports
on far more minor details starting very early on.

The editor drafts of XHR1 and XHR2 now include the change. This also moved
things away from being defined in Unicode to a combination of bytes and
ASCII. Please let me know if you (i.e. anyone reading this thread) have
any editorial suggestions on my changes or if I missed something while
making the edits.

Specifically search for "inflate" and "deflate" throughout the drafts:

   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/
   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest-2/

Or review the diff of xhr-source:

   http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest-2/xhr-source.diff?r1=1.6&r2=1.7&f=h