RE: Seeking pre-LCWD comments for Indexed Database API; deadline February 2

At Microsoft, we don't believe the spec is quite ready for Last Call. Based on our prototyping work, we're preparing some additional feedback that we think is more substantive than would be appropriate for Last Call comments. I anticipate that we will be able to post this feedback to the working group next Monday (25th Jan).

From: public-webapps-request@w3.org [mailto:public-webapps-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Jonas Sicking
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:48 PM
To: Maciej Stachowiak
Cc: Arthur Barstow; public-webapps; Jeremy Orlow
Subject: Re: Seeking pre-LCWD comments for Indexed Database API; deadline February 2

For what it's worth we are in the same situation at mozilla
On Jan 19, 2010 3:40 PM, "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com<mailto:mjs@apple.com>> wrote:

On Jan 19, 2010, at 3:05 PM, Jeremy Orlow wrote: > On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 4:50 AM, Arthur Barstow...
We at Apple are also in reviewing the spec and would also like additional time to review. It doesn't matter that much to us if the review time is before or during Last Call, but we definitely can't do a meaningful review by February 2, and therefore cannot really sign off by that date on whether the document has satisfied relevant technical requirements, is feature-complete, and has all issues resolved.

(As far as I can tell the document is less than 4 months old as an Editor's Draft and is about 60 pages long, so I hope it is reasonable to ask for some reasonable amount of review time.)

Regards,
Maciej