Re: MPEG-U

Hi Robin,

Le 11/01/2010 15:41, Robin Berjon a écrit :
> Hi Cyril,
>
> On Jan 7, 2010, at 15:59 , Cyril Concolato wrote:
>>> sorry to put you on the spot, but I don't recall this being discussed by WebApps
>> I know that a liaison was sent from MPEG to the W3C early may 2009 and that the WG was informed.
>
> Ah, do you have a pointer? I searched for "MPEG-U" in all the public and member lists yet only this thread shows up.
The liaison was sent by the ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC29 secretariat, and since MPEG did not receive any feedback, I checked and was informed that it was mistakenly sent to Tim Berners Lee ! I informed Doug and Mike of that fact, I thought that it would be discussed in the WG. Anyway it doesn't matter anymore since I think the liaison is outdated.

>>> Can you give the WG some general ideas about what's happening around MPEG-U?
>> Actually, I had made a web page that describes it and that I wanted to send earlier [1]. You will find there some background information and the current spec in PDF and soon some examples and code. If you have questions about the GPAC implementation of MPEG-U, you can ask me but if you have questions about the MPEG process, you can post them on the general MPEG Systems mailing list[2].
>
> If avoidable I'd rather not join yet another mailing list just for a few questions, after which I'd have to unsubscribe again. Since you're closely involved with this work, would you mind answering the questions I outlined in my original post?
I'm sorry but the only questions in your email were "what's happening aroung MPEG-U ?" and "Can you enlighten us ?". I thought the web page I set up was providing enough information (background, roadmap, spec). Can you be more precise as to what you want to know ?

Regards,

Cyril
--
Cyril Concolato