Re: Adopting postMessage and MessageChannel from HTML5?

On Jan 12, 2010, at 3:48 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2010, at 4:17 PM, ext Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> On Jan 11, 2010, at 12:10 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>>

>> However, I believe that this spec actually is within our charter.
>> Overall, Section 2 of the charter, Scope, states: "The scope of the
>> Web Applications Working Group covers the technologies related to
>> developing client-side applications on the Web, including both
>> markup vocabularies for describing and controlling client-side
>> application behavior and programming interfaces for client-side
>> development." This spec is pretty clearly a "programming interface
>> for client-side development". It is true that the charter gives
>> some specific examples, but I do not believe they are intended to
>> be exhaustive and do not cover all deliverables.
>
> The Charter also says "Per section 6.2.3 of the W3C Process
> document, any substantive changes to the charter (e.g. additional
> Recommendation-track documents not included in this charter) will
> follow the Advisory Committee Review process.".

Was that Advisory Committee Review process followed for any of the
other specs we're working on that are not mentioned by name in the
charter? I listed a number of them in my earlier email (Selectors 2.0,
WebSimpleDB, DataCache, UMP).

> In this case, it seems like we should follow the precedence used
> with the other specs that were split from HTML5 and moved to
> WebApps, thus this new spec would need to be added to WebApps
> Charter before WebApps can publish it.

> Anyway, I'll ask the Team for advice on the way forward and we
> should move this administrative thread to WebApps Member list.

Sounds ok to me.

Regards,
Maciej