Re: Adopting postMessage and MessageChannel from HTML5?

Hi All,

On Jan 12, 2010, at 10:42 AM, ext Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2010, at 3:48 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> Was that Advisory Committee Review process followed for any of the
> other specs we're working on that are not mentioned by name in the
> charter? I listed a number of them in my earlier email (Selectors 2.0,
> WebSimpleDB, DataCache, UMP).

The Chairs and Team contacts discussed all of these and agreed they
were covered by WebApps' current charter.

>> In this case, it seems like we should follow the precedence used
>> with the other specs that were split from HTML5 and moved to
>> WebApps, thus this new spec would need to be added to WebApps
>> Charter before WebApps can publish it.
>
>> Anyway, I'll ask the Team for advice on the way forward and we
>> should move this administrative thread to WebApps Member list.

The decision is that WebApps may now publish a Working Group _Note_
for postMessage and MessageChannel but we may not publish a Working
Draft until this item is formally added to our Charter.

-Art Barstow