Re: CfC: to publish LCWD of: Server-Events, Web {SQL Database, Sockets, Storage, Worker}; deadline 15 December

On Dec 16, 2009, at 11:54 AM, ext Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>>
>> Several members of the group (Nikunj[1], Charles[2], Arun[3], Art[4],
>> Adrian[5]) raised concerns about Web SQL Database where the primary
>> concerns raised are the normative "User agents must implement the SQL
>> dialect supported by Sqlite 3.6.19" requirement and a commitment
>> for a
>> second implementation of this requirement.
>
> Is there any way to address the first concern?

As some have noted previously, we would need a normative
specification of the SQL dialect. Another option is to move the doc
to the WG Note track.

> In the meantime, could we publish this draft as a regular WD, so
> that the
> /TR/ version is in sync with the latest draft?

Yes. The requirements for publishing a "plain" (non-Last Call) WD are
quite low and do not require consensus. I'll submit a publication
request today.

-Art Barstow