Re: CfC: to publish LCWD of: Server-Events, Web {SQL Database, Sockets, Storage, Worker}; deadline 15 December

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2009, at 11:54 AM, ext Ian Hickson wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> > >
> > > Several members of the group (Nikunj[1], Charles[2], Arun[3],
> > > Art[4], Adrian[5]) raised concerns about Web SQL Database where the
> > > primary concerns raised are the normative "User agents must
> > > implement the SQL dialect supported by Sqlite 3.6.19" requirement
> > > and a commitment for a second implementation of this requirement.
> >
> > Is there any way to address the first concern?
>
> As some have noted previously, we would need a normative specification
> of the SQL dialect. Another option is to move the doc to the WG Note
> track.

Ok. Then I propose that we leave it at WD for now, since I do not intend
to write a definition of the SQL dialect unless someone intends to
implement this without using Sqlite. If anyone ever does want to implement
Web SQL Database without Sqlite, please let me know and I'll spec out the
SQL dialect.

> > In the meantime, could we publish this draft as a regular WD, so that
> > the /TR/ version is in sync with the latest draft?
>
> Yes. The requirements for publishing a "plain" (non-Last Call) WD are
> quite low and do not require consensus. I'll submit a publication
> request today.

Thanks.

What's the deadline by which we have to have submitted a request? If
there's time, I'd like to address Adrian's feedback on the Web Sockets API
and then either publish it as LC (if Adrian agrees) or at least WD.