Re: Web Storage Scope and Charter

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:32:31 +0200, Nikunj Mehta <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>
wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2009, at 1:47 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> FWIW, Opera is primarily interested in implementing the APIs currently
>> in the specification (including the SQL API). Specifying the specifics
>> of the SQL dialect in due course would be good though, but doing that
>> does not seem very controversial and I would assume is a requirement
>> for going to Last Call.
>
> I am puzzled that you feel that specifying the semantics for the SQL
> dialect would be straightforward.

I didn't say it would be straightforward. It might be, but I really
wouldn't know.

> We have no experience of using more than a single database
> implementation for WebStorage. Its kind of interesting that the WG is
> attempting to standardize that which has no more than a single
> implementation.

The draft specification was there before the implementation and there's a
plug-in implementation (Gears) as well. It sees better to coordinate new
APIs then to end up with four incompatible ones.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/