Re: Storage and widgets

On 24 Apr 2009, at 10:54, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> It would be really helpful if you could enumerate these
> complexities, please?

What I'm proposing currently (and I think other proposals are having
the same effect) implies that there is a new and separate origin every
time a widget is newly instantiated.  The baseline policy that this
corresponds to (and which could be relaxed later on) is the rough
equivalent to each widget being a sandboxed iframe.

We need to figure out what the baseline policy is for access to
persistent storage that is shared across several instances, or even
several widgets.  The current approach simply means that there is no
shared, persistent storage in the widget model; that's probably isn't
what people desire.

Does this help?