Re: [widgets] Packaging & Configuration 1.0 pre-CfC comments

Hi Marcos,

On 10.12.2008 18.40, "ext Marcos Caceres" <marcosscaceres@gmail.com> wrote:
>> - If there ever is a case of the WUA having to iterate all the localized
>> folders, I think it's going to be difficult or impossible to find them all.
>
> Is this a problem with the way the algorithm in the spec is written?
> or is this a problem with with BCP47?

Neither, really. This could turn out to be mostly a non-issue specifically
because BCP47 was designed to be parsed with just formal understanding. All
subtags can be identified by length and position, so you just need to
iterate all the folder names and check if they could be formally valid
language tags. This could still give you false positives (directories with a
name that is a valid language tag, but which are not 'localized folders'),
which is why I suggested placing them one level down from the root. You
still need to check, but not all top-level dirs. But if you think this is
rare enough not to worry about, then I'll probably agree. :)

--Jere