Re: [XHR] Error flag

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:28:25 +0100, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com> wrote:

> Actually, clearing it when you invoke send() should be enough. Made that
> change to the editor drafts.

I see the change in the XHR2 draft, but not the XHR draft.

> > Also, will the IDL be updated to reflect exceptions thrown from the
> > various methods and property accessors? This may already be on the to-do
> > list, but I thought I'd mention it in case it wasn't.
>
> I was not planning on doing this. It makes the IDL unreadable in my
> opinion and I believe it is not required in Web IDL (and if it is we
> should change that :-)).

It does hamper readability somewhat, but it also increases usefulness. I guess the question is whether the IDL is informative or normative. If it's normative, then I think the exceptions should be added for correctness. The [Null] and [Undefined] extended attributes are much worse for readability, IMO.

And on the topic of IDL, I assume you're sticking with your plan of not specifying a module/namespace?

Cheers,
kats