Re: [widgets] Packaging & Configuration 1.0 pre-CfC comments

Hi Jere,
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 6:48 AM, Jere Kapyaho <jere.kapyaho@nokia.com> wrote:
> Hi Marcos,
>
> On 10.12.2008 18.40, "ext Marcos Caceres" <marcosscaceres@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> - If there ever is a case of the WUA having to iterate all the localized
>>> folders, I think it's going to be difficult or impossible to find them all.
>>
>> Is this a problem with the way the algorithm in the spec is written?
>> or is this a problem with with BCP47?
>
> Neither, really. This could turn out to be mostly a non-issue specifically
> because BCP47 was designed to be parsed with just formal understanding. All
> subtags can be identified by length and position, so you just need to
> iterate all the folder names and check if they could be formally valid
> language tags. This could still give you false positives (directories with a
> name that is a valid language tag, but which are not 'localized folders'),
> which is why I suggested placing them one level down from the root. You
> still need to check, but not all top-level dirs. But if you think this is
> rare enough not to worry about, then I'll probably agree. :)

Now that I've slept on this, I think you are right. We should put
localized content into a reserved folder. As you said, it makes things
much more efficient and simplifies conformance checking.

I propose we call the folder "localized". I don't think we should call
the folder 'Resources' because both Apple and Yahoo! widgets use that
name as their general folder name for containing files used by
widgets. So we get,

localized/en/, localized/pt/, localized/es-ar/ and so on...

If people want to suggest a different name for the localized folder,
I'm Ok with that. I'll codify this into the spec today.

Kind regards,
Marcos
--
Marcos Caceres