Re: w3process-ACTION-43: Will confirm that all musts about the team would be covered by delegating from director

26.11.2014, 04:50, "David Singer" <singer@mac.com>:
> is it really true that he can delegate absolutely anything?  I would suggest that the power to delegate is not, for example, something that can be delegated…

Hmm. I think the power to delegate things that can be delegated is reasonable to delegate.

On the one hand, there is a problem if, for example, the director goes on sabbatical, a long holiday in a busy period, etc.

On the other hand, Tim Berners-Lee is regularly presented by W3C as part of the value it offers, I think correctly. Which might imply that there are things that TimBL should not delegate - perhaps must not delegate. After all, there are very few things that happen in the standards process so rapidly that we coudn't wait a few extra weeks, or anticipate and have the director deal with before the deadline.

I've raised ISSUE-149 on this question, and I think it is important to resolve so I request that we open it.

cheers

Chaals