Re: CG decision making

Maybe I am dyslectic, but the meaning of this point seems strange to me.
Some "grouping parenthesis" missing?
> + discussion of the proposal should not be in the same thread as
> saying "I
> agree", or "I disagree", or "I abstain" - to make it easy to determine
> what is an actual "vote".

Do we *not* respond in the same thread? Or never mix discussions with "I
[dis]agree" in the same message? What mailing discipline enforces the
"easy to determine" effect you desire?

/olle

On 2014-06-12 16:17, Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As chair of this community group, in principle I get to decide what are
> group decisions. I'd like us to work on fairly democratic principles,
> so I
> suggest the following strawman:
>
> + anyone who wants a decision declared by the CG can make a call for
> consensus.
> + it should be proposed in an email, with "CfC" or "call for
> consensus" in
> the subject line.
> + there should be a clear statement of the resolution that will be
> adopted, assuming it achieves consensus. I.e. there should be a literal
> statement.
> + the time allowed for response should be at least two weeks.
> + discussion of the proposal should not be in the same thread as
> saying "I
> agree", or "I disagree", or "I abstain" - to make it easy to determine
> what is an actual "vote".
> + at the end of the time available for response, I will declare a
> consensus, or a large majority, if one is apparent.
>
> There are some questions I have. The most obvious one is that I think we
> should record all decisions in a common place. Wiki works for me as a
> suggestion, but does anyone else have one? We could also use the tracker,
> or some other mechanism if anyone thinks we really should.
>
> Comments? thoughts?
>
> cheers
>
> Chaals

Olle Olsson   olleo@sics.se   Tel: +46 8 633 15 19  Fax: +46 8 751 72 30
         [Svenska W3C-kontoret: olleo@w3.org]
SICS [Swedish Institute of Computer Science]
Box 1263
SE - 164 29 Kista
Sweden