Re: CG decision making

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 12:26:17 -0400, Olle Olsson <olleo@sics.se> wrote:

> Maybe I am dyslectic, but the meaning of this point seems strange to me.
> Some "grouping parenthesis" missing?
>> + discussion of the proposal should not be in the same thread as saying
>> "I
>> agree", or "I disagree", or "I abstain" - to make it easy to determine
>> what is an actual "vote".
>
> Do we *not* respond in the same thread? Or never mix discussions with "I
> [dis]agree" in the same message? What mailing discipline enforces the
> "easy to determine" effect you desire?

The idea is that a single thread contain votes - as replies to the CfC
email. If people wanted to debate the merits of a question, they should do
so in a separate thread.

An alternative is that we create a WBS survey. This requires me to
copy/paste the proposal to create a survey, although it is fairly simple.
Then anyone in the CG can vote on it. There are also more options - for
example it is possible to rank things in the WBS tool. And it allows for
comments alongside a vote - but I'd rather keep comments in the mailing
list.

This may be a better idea.

> /olle

Art also suggested we move the content of the wiki to the main W3C wiki,
and use that - e.g. for recording decisions. I don't mind either way. Any
preferences?

cheers

Chaals