Re: Invited expert and CG Contributor agreements

From: Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:42:01 -0500
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>, Wayne Carr <wayne.carr@linux.intel.com>, public-w3process@w3.org

On 12/19/2014 8:00 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Since it seems like any restriction on derivative work upon an IE's
> termination could result in reduced (perhaps eliminated) employment
> opportunities,

I'd be interested in understanding better how this impacts future
employment.

Here is my understanding of the current IE agreement.

If an IE does not sign the agreement he has no rights to branch the spec.

If an IE signs the agreement he has no rights to branch the spec.

So it seems to me that signing the agreement does not reduce any rights.

Jeff