Re: [Pubrules] Proposed changes regarding references to editors' drafts

[ Cc: public-w3process since that's where Issue-71 is filed ]

On 4/3/14 6:38 PM, ext Ian Jacobs wrote:
> [1] http://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/issues/71
>
>     - Editors who wish to add features to the top of a W3C technical
>     report beyond those described in the pubrules templates should
>     consult with the Marcomm Team in advance.

I agree with Marcos that groups should have lots of freedom to add other
data
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/2014AprJun/0002.html>. I
also think related debate/discussions should have some transparency so
this should be changed to something like s/Marcomm Team/@TBD archived
mail list/.

>     - For a Working Draft: "Implementors should be aware that this
>     technology is not stable. This draft captures the state of the
>     document as of the publication date. The <a>editor's draft</a> may
>     include bug fixes and other changes."

Besides needing to s/technology/specification/, I think this is too
weak. I prefer something much stronger such as is done in The WebSocket API:

[[
<http://dev.w3.org/html5/websockets/#status-of-this-document>

Implementors should be aware that this specification is not
stable.*Implementors who are not taking part in the discussions are
likely to find the specification changing out from under them in
incompatible ways.*Vendors interested in implementing this specification
before it eventually reaches the Candidate Recommendation stage should
join the aforementioned mailing lists and take part in the discussions.
]]

-AB