Re: Spec organizations and prioritization

Le mardi 20 mars 2012 à 08:41 -0700, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> FWIW, that suggestion has been made ever since 2006. The WG has each time
> it came up either decided it was not worth it or did not have the
> resources to follow up. The idea is not exactly new, there's just no
> bandwidth.

I'm not claiming the idea is new (although I'm hoping that I'm
articulating it in new ways); but since at least to me a number of the
aspects that I have highlighted were not that clearly linked with that
problem, it might be the case for others that could be convinced.

I'm actually ready to bet that if the lead editor of a spec is ready to
work with associate editors whose only role is to maintain subsets that
can progress through the Rec track, we can muster the proper resources
to get there.

If none of the WG participants understand the value of RF commitments,
I'm fairly sure a number of people in their companies do, and that some
of them should be able to get some of these participants to raise their
hand.

Dom